Sunday, July 30, 2006

This n That

I don't have anything exciting to report ~ just same shit, diff day really but let's see...

~ Friday night I went to see an AC/DC tribute band. I was far enough away (or maybe it's just old age screwing up my eyesight) that they looked like the real thing and more importantly, sounded like the real thing.

I wasn't as excited as when I saw Babba (the Abba tribute group) but the voice is still a little husky lol.

During the night as I was making my way through the crowd to the loo it felt like I'd kicked something. On my way back I was confronted by a big, mean looking dude who said I owed him a drink seeing I'd knocked his over. I looked up (and up and up and up lol) and said "sorry but I owe you nothing, what kind of idiot puts his drink on the floor anyway?" and then I bolted lol. I was with 2 karate guys, a black belt and a brown belt, so I knew I'd be pretty safe if I made it back to them hehe.

Anyway, I noticed on my way out that this place has regular tribute bands (I missed Bon Jovi a few weeks ago damnit) so I might make this a semi-regular outing from now on.

~ My footy team (Essendon Bombers) won last night (ABOUT TIME!) so yaaaaaaaaay

And that's about it for my oh-so-exciting life at the moment. Today I'm going to try and beat the rain and do some weeding and if I have time later on, take a drive up the mountain for a yummy Devonshire Tea.

Toodlepip for now :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Big O said...

Nice to see a fellow blogger using the black template. Do these tribute bands have names? Are they local?

10:10 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Hiya Big O,

Yes I must admit I have a fondness for dark backgrounds. The AC/DC band was called Dirty Deeds and yes, don't quote me on it but I'm pretty sure they're all Aussie.

I'll pay more attention next time lol. Thanks for commenting :)

11:14 am  
Blogger Shauna said...

Eek. You're braver than me. I woulda bought the guy a drink. :)

Toodlepip?????

11:59 pm  
Blogger Shirley said...

I drink tea every day. What exactly is Devonshire Tea?

Too-da-loo }-}

4:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The drink was probably a plant just so he could use that dorky pu line!

Guess I should keep my dark past...errr...background, huh? :P

5:07 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Fly ~ I had no money anyway lol. Toodlepip/Cheerio ... or just plain cya ;)

Shirley ~ A Devonshire Tea is scones with jam and cream and a drink ... traditionally tea but us Aussies generally have coffee instead :)

Seamy ~ If it was he struck out big time with me then lol. Share the dark past and keep the background hehe

6:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wavin' *hi* and sending *hugs* :)

6:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)