Monday, December 05, 2005

Rollercoaster of Emotions

The saying goes ... no-one can make you feel a certain way unless you let them. Yeah well, nice psychology but we humans aren't black and white are we.

Just as someone can't force you to feel a certain way, I don't believe you can force yourself to feel or not feel something other than you do (or don't), sheesh what a messed up sentence.

Different people have different effects on us. Some have a talent for making me feel certain ways. It doesn't mean my head thinks they're right but how we feel emotionally sometimes has very little to do with what we actually think.

I'm waffling.

Probably this has come up today because I've gone from feeling ready to stab someone in the eye with a spork earlier this morning, to positively glowing a little after that.

One person in my life makes me feel ...

... lazy
... worthless
... dependent
... frustrated
... loved - with conditions
... fat
... childish
... stupid
... bored
... selfish
... extravagant
... undervalued

Another makes me feel ...

... loved
... unappreciated
... appreciated
... disprespected
... respected
... soft-hearted

Yet another makes me feel ...

... occasionally loved
... a matryr
... a slave
... unappreciated
... taken for granted
... furious
... worried
... hurt

And last but not least there is someone who makes me feel ...

... loved
... adored
... beautiful
... intelligent
... interesting
... understood
... kind
... sweet
... passionate
... sexy
... selfless
... giving
... patient
... dependable
... trusted

Now I wonder why there's one in particular that I want to spend my time with.

I miss my heart.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! That is all! :)

6:02 pm  
Blogger Muse said...

Oh yeah, you hit the nail on the head with this one. Great writing and I know the feelings well.

3:00 am  
Blogger Shauna said...

Great post Mush. Bang on the money.

3:39 am  
Blogger Patrick M. Tracy said...

Mush,

Not a tough choice between them, huh? I think we all have people we'd prefer to be around, because we have compatible psychoses to theirs, and they make us feel things we need to feel.

I've thought many times that it would be great if, after gathering a petition of ten or more people who knew them personally and could vouch for their personality, the real jerks could be asked to leave the planet. A lot more room left over for us, I think, and fewer headaches.

I hope you find some way to be with the person you love the best.

3:41 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Thanks for your comments everyone. ((((all))))

Firehawk ~ no, not a hard choice at all but funnily enough, the other people can't see that. :/

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)