Thursday, August 11, 2005

Seafood and See Food







I received these pics in an email a week or two ago and every time I go to my inbox I find myself having another look. There's something about them I find fascinating.

As I'm up early this morning (bah! lol) I took the opportunity to find some info (all I had was underwater restaurant in Israel). Here's what I found out:


"This amazing restaurant is 6 meters (over 20 ft.) below the surface of the Red Sea, with thick Plexiglas windows that give you an octopus-eye view of the surrounding fish, corals, and other creatures. The decor is fantasy oceanesque, with sand floors covered by a layer of clear epoxy, velvet, sea urchin cushions on the chairs, starfish lighting fixtures and wavy blue underwater light filtering through the subsea pavilion from natural sources by day, and artificial sources by night.

The details are so well done that the effect is enchanting-you find your attention torn between the underwater vistas outside the windows, and the interior decor, overflowing with marine shapes and textures (the work of a young Israeli, Ayala Serfaty, whose aquatic designs have received international attention and exhibition). Not resting on its one-of-a-kind location and design, the Red Sea Star serves meals that are quite good. Dennis, a fish from the Red Sea, leads the list of well-prepared fish (though you may not feel comfortable dining on a sea creature while its family and friends glide past the windows). Grilled ostrich fillet in a Dijon berry sauce with mushrooms; spare ribs in a melon and chile sauce; as well as pastas and salads round out the menu. If you dislike smoke, request the no-smoking area when you make your reservation.
"

I also discovered it's not the only one either. You can see the one in the Maldives here.

Anyone wanna go a'travellin?

6 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

I would love, love, love to go there. Can you find one closer to Canada or Australia so at least we can put each other up?

7:41 am  
Blogger Muse said...

LOL, Canada preferably. ;) I wanna get away tooooooooo :D

10:53 am  
Blogger Shauna said...

Oh the party we would have....

11:58 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Hey you two, don't start that party without meeeeeeeeeee.

If I don't find anymore I guess we could always hock ourselves to the eyeballs and build our own ;)

12:52 pm  
Blogger Patrick M. Tracy said...

Mush,

Pretty cool place! People will think of anything.

9:50 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Firehawk, Uh huh but me being an air sign, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the first Moon or Mars restaurant. ;)

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)