Sunday, August 28, 2005

My rememberer is broke

A friend, noticing how far away I am lately, sent me this. Very apt at the moment lol.

My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But to me, that is no joke
For when I'm "here" I'm wondering
If I really should be "there"
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!
Oft times I walk into a room,
Say "what am I here for?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
A zero, is my score.
At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!
When shopping I may see someone,
Say "Hi" and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks awa
I ask myself, "who was that?"
Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relate, relate, relate! :)

10:01 pm  
Blogger Muse said...

Holy shit girl, you and me, were seriously sharing alife. Blek!

1:31 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Seamus ~ Great isn't it :/ lol

Muse ~ You can say that again! Double blek!!

5:30 am  
Blogger Patrick M. Tracy said...

Mush,

I like it! I totally identify with the little poem. Yesterday, after wrestling to create a "dual-boot" computer out of an old machine I had hanging around all day, I just "bonked". I couldn't think of my own name. It got better, but for about a half hour, I was literally a slobbering imbecile. Bad deal. Wrestling with Linux all day will do that to you, I guess.

Anyway, we all have times where we think our brain's leaked out our ears. That's just life. Take it easy, and--like George Carlin said--"Don't sweat the petty stuff...and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

7:29 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Firehawk ~ wow that must have been one powerful 'bonk' teeheehee.

Hmm I'm in a silly mood today and giggling like an idiot over everything you've said. I think I'm over-tired. I better shut up before I start on the sweaty petting lol.

4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)